Thursday, September 11, 2008

Save My Ass

9-11-01

Once again, thank you to all the service men in New York and Washington who responded.

I like to think the crews we have here in Orange County kick ass, too, given their work last year on the Santiago Fire in Irvine.



The other day I saw something while driving home that just drove me nuts.


I was driving down the road near a fire station when I saw the truck light up and come out the driveway. Legally, you HAVE to move out of the way. Did anyone? NO. Bastards. Self-righteous pricks.

All I could think was that if I was in an accident or any other type of life threatening incident, I would want those motherfuckers out of the way so the guys trained to save my ass could do just that: SAVE MY SORRY ASS!

While I would never wish pain on anyone (well, maybe my ex... but that's another story), I do hope some of these people who won't get out of the way for emergency crews will someday find themselves in a situation where they need rescue teams NOW, and some other prick causes the crews to be just a little bit late.


Maybe I am just being cruel by that. I don't know or care. All I know is these guys put it all on the line every time that siren goes off, and I don't need some self imposed god in his BMW feeling like it's not his job to get out of the way causing someone to suffer.

Maybe they could start writing tickets for that?

No comments: