Monday, August 18, 2008

Killed a Bunny

About a year and a half ago, BossLady sent me the following link, with a tagline of "is this you in disguise?" (or something close to that... the old photomemory is toast).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74AzD2wfu-g

BossLady was making fun of me since we had taken a road trip and I bombed the car. (I got revenge on another trip, but that's another story... she so does like to one-up me.) So being the smart-ass that I can be, I decided to run with it.

I was coming home from work one day, and sent her a text message. "Just killed a bunny" it read. She asked what I had I done, made road-pizza? I said no, but that I had rolled the windows down and had a serious need of fresh air. Since then, it's bunny-time or killing a bunny or squishing the rabbit.

Today at work, I was at the register counter updating the books when E5 was ringing up a customer when I noticed a rather rank smell. My first thought was, "well, for once it wasn't me" followed quickly by "DAMN!, E5, warn a guy!". I quietly turned to him and said, "did you just die on me?". He glared at me, and finished with the customer, a middle-aged woman. The woman looked at me with a strange glare that I thought nothing of, then quickly ran for the door. E5 just looked at me and asked what I meant by him dying. I asked him if he cut loose. He said no, he thought it was me. Nope. We both then realized that the reason that woman made a speedy exit was because she absolutely BOMBED us! And it was NAAAASSSSSTTTYYYY.

So, as I scrambled for breathable air, I got to thinking about all the ways we talk about farting.

There's the Southern Style (blame the kids).
There's the Texas Style (blame the dog).
There's the Ozark Style (brag about it).
There's Los Angeles Style (blame smog).
There's San Fransisco Style (blame the fog or your boyfriends).
There's New York Style (blame New Jersey. You gotta problem with that?)
There's Washington DC Style (form an action committee to study the problem, the environmental impact studies, forms in triplicate sent to the House of Representatives, passed, sent to the Senate, passed, vetoed by the President, reworked in Congress, recommended by the State department and finally signed into law before being ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court).
There's Seattle Style (grab a coffee and celebrate nature).
There's Chinese Style (What fart? No fart here. Move along).
There's French Style (run up the Brown flag and surrender).
There's British Style (Have a spot of tea with that, chap?).
There's NASA Style (Houston, we have liftoff).
There's Florida Style (which of you old farts just died. Seriously).
There's Mississippi Style (Slow, wet and brown).
There's Shakespeare Style (full of sound and fury, but ultimately, smelling nothing).
There's Wisconsin Style (man, that's some SERIOUS cheese).
There's Airport Style (better check your bags after that one, sir).
and finally...
Jack the Ripper (no explanation needed).

I'd say more, but I need to go talk to the porcelain deity about this bunny issue I had today.


Keep it clean, and have a good day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha!! Glad to see your site dude!! I gotta link you up.

Yep, I usually always blame the kids but then, it usually is my kids!!

ac said...

Slick sent me over here to give you a proper welcome, and what to I get when I get here?

The two of you talking about farting.

Nice.

Welcome to Blogistan! Don't kill the rabbits!

Summer said...

Ok, came here via Slick and I'm not surprised the topic is "barking spiders". At least that's what we call 'em in our house. Oh and hubby always blames the poor dog.

Anonymous said...

It really was the dog, I swear!!

RedGael said...

thanks everyone for stopping by! Hope to see you more often!