Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Eyes Don't Have It

People continue to amaze me with just how incredibly stupid they are. And it's not just the store I work in. BossLady has the same problem where she works.

The company I work for has a very well known and very popular sale. When we run this sale, there is usually a ton of advertising and all kinds of signs up in the store. You can't miss it. We send out notices to people on the mailing lists, there's the TV spots, the fliers in the paper and mail. It is the current promotion we are running.

This leads to the most recent edition of stupid people doing what stupid people do best: being STUPID!

As I said, we have a ton of signage up telling what our current promo is. Our associates are instructed to tell people about it in the aisle and as they walk in the door, per company policy. By my count, there are somewhere around 40 signs in my store telling about the promo, including the big, bright 3'X5' sign in the window next to the front door.

I was asked if we are running said promotion today no less than 25 times.

What's worse: they seriously had no clue we are running the promo!

Maybe it's time these people see an eye doctor.

I mean, it's like going to a coffee shop and asking where you can get a cup of coffee.

BossLady says she gets the same thing at the store she works at for their major promotion as well, so I know this one isn't just me.



Of course, we had our fun collection of people today. The usual screaming heathen heebeejeebees. What was odd was the mother who wanted to go postal on her own kids. Wow, that's a bit of, well, don't have kids.

It was also fun watching the kid who I had asked to stop running in the store run head on into the front door, and then bust out crying because it hurt! (go figure on that one.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other things, BossLady and I spent Thursday in San Diego at SeaWorld. We're geeks for theme parks, and while SeaWorld is the tops, it is a nice diversion. The hard part was keeping BossLady from trying to take every animal home. I told her the only whale she could bring home was me.

Seriously, if you are there, check out the Shamu Rocks show. (NOT Shamu's Rocks. That would be gross. And kinky. Chuck it, it's just straight perverted.) Pretty cool. None of the usual "save the whales" speeches or conservationism. Just straight LOUD music and orca's flipping out. Fun stuff.



I am also seeking last minute idea's for Mom's birthday. She is retired Marine Corps, and BossLady and I already have one item for her, USMC related. And I am taking her to dinner. But I am at a loss for other ideas. Any help? Only 5 days to go....

And speaking of ideas.... I only have 45 days till BossLady turns 21. Vegas has been ruled out (her freakin' grandmother is taking her!), so I am open to other suggestions. I have a couple of ideas in the works, but something good to ice it would be great.


Yeah, I like to plan these things out. Remind me to tell you what I did to BossLady last year for her birthday. I can't top it, and I will never live it down!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i dear gods i am going to pee my pants... i have had silly juice