Monday, August 25, 2008

Flowers From the Other Side

Today I had the good side of kids.

A mother with her two kids came into the store. Both kids were well behaved and obedient to their mother. Fantastic.

What made my day was when the younger child, about a 7 year old daughter, motioned for me to kneel down and talk to her. I did, and she reached up and put a flower that she had plucked from the bushes out front into my shirt lapel.


It was a simple, stupid thing.


It made my day.



Kids like that give me hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daaaang, hard to believe with how kids act nowadays.

Even my old heart of stone would've been "chipped" after that.

Michelle said...

Awww. How sweet? See? All kids aren't bad. :)
Hi, and welcome...Slick sent me, although I got the memo a bit late.
A blog about working retail. I love it. I worked retail management for over 10 years before starting at the bank. I totally remember everything you've posted about so far!